Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pine Mountain, GA

So, basically, Pine Mountain rocks.  I have had the pleasure of being spoiled rotten by the gaps.  My favorite 1 hour ride when I go home is to ride up and over wolfpen, around lake windfeild scott, then back up and over and back home.  So needless to say, at this point, I'm snobbish about my climbing.  


All that being said, Pine Mountain is awesome.  
In an area dominated by rollers and flat farm roads, an entirely unexpected ridge pops about 500ft up in Pine Mountain.  To make it better, most of the mountain is in FDR state park, so its low traffic and secluded.  The climbs are steep, and pretty long, some over ten minutes.  


More importantly, just check this out:

View Larger Map


190 runs along the ridge, and there are scenic vistas about every half mile.
















Plus there is a McDonalds in Manchester, so you can sound the feasting horn at value pricing.


No comments:

Post a Comment